Please note that dates and activities may change. This calendar will be updated in as timely a manner as possible. Please check back periodically for any changes. Changes/updates will be in “red“.
Calendar Posted 07/03/2017;
Jun 15 Just for fun! Nature Photography Day was designed by the North American Nature Photography Association (NANPA) in 2009 to promote the enjoyment of nature photography.
Jun 29 Just for fun! National Camera Day click on the link at the left to get more information.
Aug 19 (Sat) Just for fun! Photography Day Commemorates the first photograph made by Nicephore Neipce.
Aug 19 (Sat) Just for fun! World Photo Day is an international event established in 2009 that celebrates the passion for photography in our communities around the world.
Aug 21 (Mon) Just for fun! Total Solar Eclipse click on the link at the left to get more information.
Aug 28 (Mon) Workshop: “How to Evaluate Your Photographs” by Gerry Emmerich.
Image Critiquing – Bring in one nature and/or one open subject, if you want.
Sep 18 (Wed) Image Selection and Comment. (refer to “What Does It Mean” page for abbreviation explanations)
1) PID-1 PSA Interclub.
2) ND – 1 PSA Interclub.
3) PPD-1 PSA Interclub Prints.
Discuss 2018’s and show 2017’s Wisconsin PSA Clubs Showcase and the Wisconsin Print Circuit.
Oct 2 Image Selection and Comment. (refer to “What Does It Mean” page for abbreviation explanations)
1) Select 7 digital images for the 2018 Wisconsin PSA Clubs Showcase.
2) Collect prints for the Wisconsin Print Circuit.
Show and Tell – What I Did on My Summer Vacation – Subjects may include but limited to…
- Old World Wisconsin (various activities through out the summer) Hwy 67 just outside Eagle, WI
- Milwaukee Highland Games – June 3 in Hart Park, Wauwatosa, WI
- Dairyland Bicycle Tour – June 16-25 (through East Troy on June 16)
- Wisconsin Kayaking: ButterCup Kayak Slalom Series – in Langlade, June 3 & Sept 17, in Jim Falls, August 13
- Wisconsin Kayaking: Midwest Freestyle Championships – in Wausau, August 19-20
- Bristol Renaissance Faire – Weekends July 8 through September 4 in Bristol, WI
- Waterford Balloon Festival – July 21-23 on the school grounds behind Evergreen Elementary School and Fox River Middle School, Waterford, WI
- Milwaukee Air Show – July 15-16 along the Milwaukee lake front, Milwaukee, WI
- Racine County Fair – July 26-30 on the County Fair Grounds, Union Grove, WI
- Wisconsin State Fair – August 2-13 on the State Fair Park Grounds, West Allis, WI
- Wild West Show – August 12-13 at the Pinecrest Historical Village, Manitowoc, WI
- Chicago Air and Water Show – August 19-20 along the North Avenue Beach
- 168th Walworth County Fair – August 30 to September 4 on the County Fair Grounds, Elkhorn, WI
- The Wisconsin Highland Games – September 1-3 at the Waukesha Expo Center, Waukesha, WI
- PSA Conference, Pittsburgh, PA – October 8-14
Oct 8-14 PSA Conference in Pittsburgh, PA.
Nov 4 (Sat) WACCO Fall Competition. Reminder: Wisconsin Print Circuit prints deadline.
Nov 5 (Sun) PSA Wisconsin Chapter Meeting – Program> morning: business // afternoon: guest speaker TBA.
Nov 6 Workshops: “Apps and Plug-ins” What are they and how to use them.
“Photography Apps” presented by Carl Zimmerman.
“Photography Plug-ins” presented by Mary Ellsworth.
Nov 13 Image Selection and Comment. (refer to “What Does It Mean” page for abbreviation explanations)
1) PID-2 PSA Interclub.
2) ND – 2 PSA Interclub.
3) PPD-2 PSA Interclub Prints.
Dec 4 Workshop: “Table Top Photography” presented by Darrell Ladish and Gerry Hying.
Bring your camera and a tripod. There will be a brief discussion on what table-top photography is followed by an opportunity to take some photographs. We will have stations set up for you to practice at.
Dec 11 Make-up meeting, if necessary.
Jan 22 Image Selection and Comment. (refer to “What Does It Mean” page for abbreviation explanations)
1) PID-3 PSA Interclub Images.
2) PPD-3 PSA Interclub Prints.
Club Judging – Wisconsin Print Circuit.
Jan 28 (Sun) PSA Wisconsin Chapter Meeting – Program> morning: business // afternoon: guest speaker TBA.
Jan 29 Make-up meeting, if necessary.
Feb 5 Club Judging – Wisconsin PSA Clubs Showcase.
Feb 12 Make-up meeting, if necessary.
Mar ? (Sat) WACCO All day Seminar – Date and Program TBA.
Mar 5 Image Selection and Comment. (refer to “What Does It Mean” page for abbreviation explanations)
1) PID-4 PSA Interclub.
2) ND – 3 PSA Interclub.
3) PPD-4 PSA Interclub Prints.
Mar 12 Workshops: “Yellowstone National Park and Backpacking Photography” Tips and Tricks.
“Photography in Yellowstone National Park” presented by Dave Underwood.
“Backpacking Photography” presented by Carl Zimmerman.
Mar 18 (Sun) PSA Wisconsin Chapter Meeting – Program> morning: business // afternoon: guest speaker TBA.
Apr 2 Workshop: “Bird Photography” presented by Jim Edlhuber.
Apr 9 Workshops: “Drones and/or 360 Cameras and Old World Wisconsin”.
“Drones and/or 360 degree Cameras” presented by Jim Kuchler.
“Old World Wisconsin” presented by Sandy Matson.
Plan 2018-2019 club calendar.
Apr 16 Make-up meeting, if necessary.
Apr ?? ETHS Photo Class Spring Outing (Weekday TBD).
Apr 29 Just for Fun! Worldwide Pinhole Camera Day.
May 7 Show and Tell – Individual Shows (max 5 minutes).
1) Digital Shows to music.
2) BYO’s or club outing images.
3) Scavenger Hunt images. (see topics below)
May 5 (Sat) Spring WACCO competition.
May 14 Interclub judging – Projected Image Division.
May ?? PSA Wisconsin Chapter Weekend Photo Outing – date and destination TBA.
Jun 29 Just for fun! National Camera Day.
To Be Announced.
Scavenger Hunt Topics for 2017-2018
- Mist or Fog
- Broken or Rusty